Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Kyoto - I Swear It Wasn't Because We Had Just Watched Saw III

Sometime around 3 or 4 in the morning, I'm guessing, I was having a nightmare. In it, I was on the phone with my mom, and I was all alone in a park in the middle of the night. Suddenly, some guy came up behind me and grabbed me, saying, "I'm going to kill you!" I dropped the phone in the grass, but still tried to call for help, yelling, "Mom!"

The thing is, I had screamed that part out loud.

I've been so worried about snoring in the dorms, so it's only fitting that I would cry out for my mom in the middle of the night in a dorm in a strange country. Someone above me - either Katie or Laura - let out a little laugh, and everyone started shifting in their beds, so I knew the whole room had woken up.

For the next half hour, I had to keep my hand over my mouth because I was laughing too hard. The muffled laughter sounded a bit like I was crying, and the last thing I wanted was these people thinking I cried out for my mom in the middle of the night and then started sobbing quietly to myself. The thought of that only made me laugh harder.

In the morning, I apologized to Katie and Laura, who didn't remember it at all, as well as everyone else in the room. So if I hadn't apologized, no one would have known. But instead I had to tell them the story, which gave the girls quite a good laugh. The next morning, Katie asked me, "Did you happen to yell anything else out last night?"

No comments: